currently actively working on
1) the spread of the invasive species Spartina alterniflora,
2) Transient dynamics in ecology in an NSF funded project in collaboration with Tony Ives and Kevin Gross
3) the design of marine reserves both to develop general principles (partly through a project at NCEAS) and also as part of a large project on the design and implementation of marine reserves in the Bahamas
4) the dynamics of (spatially) coupled ecological systems
5) salmon population dynamics (in collaboration with Loo Botsford)
6) investigation of spatial spread with laboratory populations of Tribolium (flour beetles) in collaboration with Brett Melbourne
7) food web dynamics
8) model fitting as a tool to undertand ecological systems (in collaboration with Mike Bonsall).
9) dynamics of entomopathogenic nematodes (with Don Strong)
More generally I (and others in my lab) work on issues in spatial or theoretical ecology (especially structured populations, complex dynamics, model fitting).